Pages

On the Road at Mount Rushmore

I am posting from the road in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Yesterday, I had a perfect day for the 25 mile ride from Rapid City up to Mount Rushmore. The ride was sunny and warm with beautiful scenery and as an added bonus, very little traffic this early in the tourist season.

I passed many other bikes during my time in Rapid City, but saw two other KLR's. They were riding together and we exchanged big waves as we passed. Our group is small, but dedicated and it is always good to see other KLR adventurers in a world dominated by cruisers and sport bikes.

If you have never been to Mount Rushmore, it is really worth the trip. Lots to see and do in this area, more than I have time to cover on this visit. Today I am leaving Rapid City for Estes Park, Colorado and Rocky Mountain National Park. Here are few pictures from Mount Rushmore. I will be posting videos later on.