Pages

Acerbis Front Fender Review

Some say the KLR’s front fender, may be a bit too large. Others say it looks just fine. I was part of the second group until my first highway ride in a strong crosswind. The wind caught that big fender and I had to fight the bike to stay on my side of the road. Soon after, I decided the stock fender had to go.


There are several options from different manufacturers. I chose the Acerbis Supermoto fender. I replaced black with black so matching colors was not a concern., but these fenders are available in many colors. But, you can't go wrong with basic black.


Swapping the fenders is easy enough. Simply remove four 8mm screws and the stock fender comes off. Don't forget to disconnect the speedo cable and remove it from the fender bracket. The new fender will need new screw holes drilled. Take careful measurements to be sure the hole spacing and alignment is correct. Then drill the holes in the new fender and mount it.


The smaller fender gives a different look to the bike, but I like it just fine.  The new fender's smaller size catches a lot less wind, which was exactly what I wanted. Now. when riding in strong wind, the KLR is much more manageable. It was a good change for the bike and I am happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!