Pages

Precision Motorcycle Racks Review

Crash bars are a good start for protecting your KLR, but the.back half of the bike remains exposed to impacts. I covered my rear with a set of utility racks from Precision Motorcycle Racks in San Diego, California and they are the good stuff.


When you order, you'll get a left side and ride side rack with installation hardware. They mount in under 15 minutes using an Allen wrench. They are welded from heavy duty stock, and are available for Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes. The racks look good and provide solid protection. I have dumped the bike on them a couple of times and aside from a few scratches, they can take a beating. They are also great support for my Wolfman Expedition saddlebags. I like the racks and found that PMR gives great customer service.


A couple of months ago I ordered racks for another Gen 2 bike. When the box arrived, I set it aside and pretty much forgot about it for several weeks. When I finally opened the box, it contained racks for a Gen 1 bike. A lot of time had passed since I ordered them and I expected a big hassle with getting an exchange. Instead, I was very pleasantly surprised.


I emailed Lee at PMR, who took responsibility for the mix up and quickly sent the correct racks at no charge. That was awesome customer service, especially since I was not completely sure that I ordered the right set to start with! I returned the first set to PMR and was glad to find a reputable company that I could recommend to others.