Pages

Bonnie and Clyde Ride For Sale

The holidays are over, the new year has arrived, and it's time to get back to serious blogging and planning for the 2013 riding season. But first, here is a look back at some pictures from September 2012.


This vintage car that I immediately named, "the Bonnie and Clyde ride," sat in a gravel parking lot along the road. A "For Sale" sign leaned against its rusted bumper and I had to stop and take a look. 


I am not a vintage car enthusiast, but with no glass, the missing floor and wooden door panels that were probably lunch for termites, I wondered how you decide on a fair price for a "car" like this one.


I appreciate the history these cars represent. but I could not decide if this was a potential job for Rick on American Restoration, or a pile of scrap metal waiting to be melted down.

 
A few weeks later I was in the area again and checked for the car, but it was gone. I circled the gravel lot to be sure the car had not simply been moved, but it was really gone. I turned back onto the highway and rode away thinking how one person's trash is another person's treasure.